Technical report writing training
Any individual tasked with writing clear and concise reports would benefit from this one-day course, which introduces the principles of professional technical writing using industry best practice. Delegates will learn how to structure a report and summarise complex subjects and data into concise and useful business documents. They will also learn how to use illustrations, conclusions and recommendations for maximum clarity. The benefits of the training will include clear results from technical projects and a reduction in the time wasted by clarifying elements of the report.
- Course content
- Structure – effectively separating the report, ensuring it is easy to follow, with a clear middle and end.
- Sections and sub-sections, titles and notation
- Accuracy and brevity – sharing all necessary information and sticking to the point
- Illustrations, tables and graphs – finding the balance between visual aids and words
- Summaries, conclusions and recommendations – wrapping up final thoughts on the subject
- Abstracts and references.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
No assessment, but delegates receive a certificate of completion.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Understand the importance of the readers’ needs
- Gain the correct balance between completeness and brevity
- Structure the report in a logical manner
- Use illustrations, tables and graphs in a relevant manner.